Compassion Cultivation Training©(CCT™)
In 2 short months, with once weekly meetings, learn about the significant impact having compassion, empathy, and kindness for yourself and others can uncover.
What is CCT?
Compassion Cultivation Training© (CCT™) is an 8 week program that was created to help individuals develop qualities of compassion, empathy, and kindness for both themselves and others. This program was developed at Stanford University by a team of scholars, clinical psychologists, and researchers. The program integrates traditional contemplative practices with contemporary psychology and scientific research on compassion.
Compassion is a response to suffering. This begins with a recognition of suffering which sparks thoughts or feelings of empathy and concern. These motivate action to relieve the suffering. The CCT™ program teaches individuals to express compassion to the fullest extent. Everyday life, stress, and social pressures can make it difficult or uncomfortable for some to act on their compassion that is naturally wired into humans. However, the program teaches that this compassionate instinct can be nurtured and grown, much like a plant that is cultivated carefully from a seed. This process requires patience, steady care, proper tools, and a supportive environment.
During the course, individuals learn how to develop strength, courage, and resilience in the face of suffering. This practice must be incorporated into everyday life to be effective and become a habit. CCT™ will show individuals how to practice mindfulness and be self-aware, encouraging self-compassion and self-care. This in turn reduces stress, anxiety, depression, and can deepen relationships with others in both work and personal settings.
What to expect at Compassion Cultivation Training© (CCT™):
- An eight week course
- Two hour virtual class once a week
- Daily meditation home-practice assignments
- Each class consists of a lecture, discussion, meditation, and in-class listening and communication exercises with partners and small groups.
- Assignments are assigned for outside of class to help attendees put the lessons into practice with real-world situations.
The 8 week course costs $395.00 per person including all course materials and recordings. Click here to register!
The benefits associated with completing a CTT program are numerous. Since the program is available to people in all areas, different benefits emerge for each industry and working sector. Individuals who complete the CTT course may experience benefits including:
- Enhanced ability to feel compassion for oneself and other people
- Increased ability to handle stressful situations and remain calm
- Stronger relationships and better communication
- Better ability to handle stressful situations at work
- Improved engagement and collaboration skills
- Increased job satisfaction
- Enhanced insight, brainstorming, and innovation
- Reduced compassion fatigue
Continuing Professional Development
CEU & CPDs
If you are an LCSW, MFT, RN, or licensed psychologist, you can earn 16 CEUs for your CCT class for a fee of $45. Participants must arrive on time, attend every meeting, sign in and out at class, and submit a separate course evaluation form at the end of the course. Partial CEU credit is not available if class time is missed.
Please review the following information for your profession:
- American Psychological Association: Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for its programs and their content.
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal by LCSWs and MFTs for programs from CE approved sponsors of the American Psychological Association. LCSWs and MFTs from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board for approval.
- California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP10318) for licensed nurses in California through the cosponsorship of the Institute of Noetic Sciences.
This information may not be reproduced, distributed, published, displayed, modified, or used to create derivative material. If you would like permission to use any of the material contained in this here you must contact CCARE(c). The Board of Trustees of the Leland Stanford Junior University 2008-2019. All rights reserved. All or portions of this material include copyrighted materials belonging to Stanford University.
Amanda is one of the most authentic people I have ever met. She is genuine in her work and wants to see everyone live their best life in the best version of themselves. I'd highly encourage businesses to seek her out to improve company communication and culture through compassion!